Sunday, June 21, 2009

Of time, summer and rushes :)

It's quite sad. No really.

The more time I have on my hands, the more I waste. When I was stressing out due to the stressful situations caused by exams, I found time to write something. Two short posts, but I blogged nevertheless. I can safely say that in the 3 weeks that I've been at home lazying about I haven't even thought of blogging. I can always think of some excuse such as, 'I've been babysitting!' or something more on the lines of 'I was going to the beach everyday!'. And the plus side is that this is actually true. But just like when I was wondering how on earth I'm going to manage to remember anything for systems, I still found time to blog (more as a result of procrastination than anything else), then I should also find time to write something small when I have practically nothing to do.

Yes, I just realised I've been going round and round in circles saying aboslutely nothing new.

My first blog for the summer. I've been dying to write that sentence (after of course I realised I need to stop being lazy and start using my head again before it rots doing absolutely nothing). I've been looking forward to summer ever since school began (give or take a few weeks). So obviously my expectations are kind of high. Maybe I'm expecting some earth-shattering cosmic event that will make my eyes bulge out and make me go wow. Ok. Not that bad. Leave the eyes bulging out part. No one would like to look like a toad. I guess I'm looking forward to the memories I want to have of this summer, so I'm hoping something will happen. This got me thinking. Nothing is going to happen unless you work for it, or you do something about it. So it's absolutely useless waiting for the fig to fall into your mouth (I'm guilty of leteral translation from Maltese to English). If you want memories, you have to make them. Memories are not pretty pictures or oscar-winning short films that your head makes up. No they are experiences that you have to pass through, so you have to make something happen. I apologise profusely if I mixed you up.
Anyway I was also thinking. This summer I want it to be memorable in its own way. I want to look back in winter and say, "Wow. That was a really good summer." I don't want to even thinking of the words, "Mm yeah. It was ok." No. That is unacceptable. So I started listing all the things I want to do this summer. A kind of bucket list if you like. Except hopefully I'm not dying. I decided that for this summer I want to feel a rush. Natural highs so to speak. And also have fun with my friends =). Oh my that sounds lame. But it's true.

Sad don't you think how some words lost their meaning because they are used excessively?
It's quite sad. No really.

5 comments:

  1. as mar said....the most memorable times are the ones least expected
    so u may not read my post and find someone to entertain you xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. ive been thinking the exact same things.. but last summer especially with o level stress i had planned out this 'perfect' summer in my mind exactly how I wanted it to be.. and then when it actually came it was amazing, probably the best ever, and yet you always seem to have that feeling inside that it did not live up to the expectations because certain things didnt happen. I think its good to plan and have a slight idea of what we want in the future, but we need to be ready to adapt. Once read somewhere that planning is only the small first part, it's how you carry it out and adapt that counts. So I think when it comes to summer just list stuff you really want to do but dont think on it and dream about ti too much,,just go out and do it and try enjoy every moment of it. The more we build up great expectations the more we might end up disappointed in the end imo. Lol cant rememebr exactly how it went but u kno the poem from where the title of mice and men is taken? I think it perfectly explains this

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol found it..
    The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
    Gang aft a-gley,
    An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
    For promised joy.

    http://www.bryantmcgill.com/World_Poetry/~*/Robert_Burns/Robert_Burns_To_A_Mouse.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. *maria angela presses 'Like'* haha xD

    i agree wid chris, i think its the attitude you have which affects anything :) maybe a storm isnt negative if you look at it positively and appreciate the different sounds created by the sea and rain and lightening.. but if you look at it negatively, you'll only look at the mud peft and d fact that u gota stay home.. but u could always read a nice book and invite friends over and watch a movie :D u see? :D

    love u claraaaa xD im sure this summer is gona be memorable in its own way!! :)

    ReplyDelete